[drivingpairs] Re: pony mules // hinnies

  • From: Merrie Mills <mynorvegicus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:54:27 -0800 (PST)

Greetings, all!

The post about the pony mules caught my eye.  I am
currently breaking, for a friend, a Section A stallion
to drive.  I'm standing him and breeding my own mares
in trade for the training.  He is an awesome mover, by
the way -- much like a park Morgan but only 11:3"!  I
also have his nephew, also an awesome mover.  I'd like
to see them as a pair, but I doubt either would
tolerate the other.

Anyway, the owner of the stallion has a HINNY filly
from last year, by this stallion, who is also
registered Half Welsh.  Also, the jenny is in foal
again, due this spring.  So she will have two full
sibling hinnies!  What a wonderful pair that would be!
 The yearling filly is a bright red chestnut.  It'll
be neat to see what this year's looks like.  They
should mature at almost 12 hands; I'm thinking
probably just over 11 hands.

I have a donkey that I broke to ride and drive, with
extreme difficulty.  I just don't have the right
personality to work with longears!  But for the person
who does have the patience and personality, this
little pair could be really cute.  I didn't see the
filly move, but if she has any fancy movement at all,
she would be extremely eye-catching!  And, of course,
these are hinnies and not mules.  A real conversation
piece!

Also, today I hitched the stallion to a jog cart for
the first time.  I have an indoor track around center
stalls.  I led him 3 laps around, and he was fine.  He
started getting a little nervous during the third
trip, so I stopped at that point.  His training has
been very rewarding.  I can hardly wait to be in the
cart while he flies down the road!

=====
"My furs are not in storage or draped across the bed,
They're hanging from the cage door, waiting to be fed."

Remember:   STUPIDITY IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE!