[drivingpairs] Re: pole height

  • From: Carpediemfarm@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 10:55:48 EST

In a message dated 2/15/2006 11:04:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> From: "Teri  Merry" <teri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [drivingpairs] Pole height
> Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 13:55:30 -0800
>
> What is the proper height for the pole (in relation to the animal)? Meaning,
>
> elbow height? Breastcollar height? Halfway in between? etc. I look at photos
>
> and it seems like the heights are all different. Also, would the height be
> different for a marathon vehicle vs. a pleasure vehicle? Thanks.
>
> Teri in Ramona

go to either the ADS site or the CAA site and they have a really great chart
for the dimensions of poles and shafts vs. the height of the equine.  The only
problem with the chart is that it is for FIXED poles not drop poles.  However
you can use it as a rule of thumb.
Trish