[drivingpairs] packing for a trip

  • From: "Helen Roeder" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 19:17:56 -0500

For years I carried my 4-wheel in the back of my pickup.  I always hung =
my harnesses.  The saddle racks (if you have them) make wonderful =
harness hangers.  Mine had one that could be hooked onto the dressing =
room door, so that when it was open, my harnesses were very handy.   I =
also have used one of those hangers that have four hangers facing front =
and two facing back which can be hung either on a window or maybe a slat =
on the stock trailer.  Mine could be hung on two conveniently placed =
hooks inside the dressing room on a wall.   I don't particularly like =
packing harnesses into containers.   If I pack them, I carry them in =
cloth harness bags with a drawstring at one end.  You can also make them =
out of cheap, old pillow slips, if you don't sew. =20

Stephanie, how wide and long is your stock trailer?   Are you taking the =
pole assembly off the carriage to load it in the trailer?   Or maybe =
just take off the pole.  Would that help?   I have an aluminum, =
telescoping pole.  I'd take it off the carriage when it rode in the =
pickup.  After waiting 15 years, I bit the bullet and got a 25 foot =
trailer, but still take off the pole to have more room.  If I take of =
the whole pole assembly, I'd have more room, still.  It's just very =
heavy and too much trouble.  I usually do everything myself.   It helps =
if you have a built-in helper...  :-)  =20

Hope this helps and that you can understand some of my explanations.

Helen

In her head is the distant memory
   of sandstorms surging through the wilderness,
Yet, gentle as a fawn, she follows close at my shoulder,
She is the fabric of my dreams-----my Arabian mare.

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: Helen Roeder.vcf