[drivingpairs] Re: digest: tandems vs 4s

  • From: "KARON C ELY" <kcely@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 23:56:38 -0600

Hi all,

Hi all. haven't posted in eons and even then I think only once or twice. This
is a question more or less to Carolyn (note her post below) but to all who
drive both 4s and tandem.  I have several tandem teams that go equally well as
singles or in team pair but I especially enjoy the tandem.  I'm currently
working toward a three abreast team, but haven't done a team 4. I am curious as
to the thoughts behind why you say the 4s are more stable than the tandem.  Is
it because of the group nature of the 4 or the fact that it takes the front two
to agree before they could come around unexpectedly?  I've seen photos of some
"interesting" dilemmas of fours where the leaders and wheelers met each other
coming and going through or around an obstacle.  Looks like it would be a
little more adrenalin pumping than straightening out 1 tandem leader easily
enuf with a command. :))

Thanks for your thoughts in advance in case I ever work up to 4, which
eventually I sure hope to do.  At this time the thought is still enough to make
me quake a bit!

Karon Ely
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 1:11 AM
To: drivingpairs digest users
Subject: drivingpairs Digest V2 #83

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:02:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carolyn Harris <tandemtiger@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [drivingpairs] Re: tandem

<snip> Most comparably-trained four-in-hands are more stable than most tandems.