[drivingpairs] Re: books/harnessing up

  • From: EStuard503@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 23:03:31 EDT

Cindy,  The Sallie Walrond book, "A Guide to Driving Horses", has some
excellent pictures and, by matching that with the text, you can usually
figure it out, then go try it on your horses.  I have even taken the harness,
laid it out in the living room floor and traced the various hook-ups until I
was sure I understood what was required.  Then it's relatively easy to go try
it on the horses (and find out which gizmos do and don't go where you thought
they would. Books are great, but they don't always give you exactly the
information you need.

I don't know exactly where you live (Black Dog Hill didn't ring any bells),
but I think the members of this list who know what they are doing when it
comes to pairs driving (and I'm not one of them yet) can give you some really
good advice, until you can either find someone in your area to drive with or
find a good instructor.

Jean Stuard
Stuard Arabians (and one Morgan gelding)