[drivingpairs] books

  • From: "Black Dog Hill" <koenenb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:38:46 -0600

One last question and I should be good for the week ;-)

Can anyone recommend good books for learning more about harness and driving?
A search of my local library and it's network of sister libraries reveals
one book, The Draft Horse Primer.  This book only mentions harness in a team
configuration with collar and hames.  It lightly discusses the importance of
collar fit but sort of neglects how the rest of the harness should fit.  It
doesn't discuss training in any other manner than to hook the new horse up
with an experience horse and let them figure it out....

If you recommend a book can you please also recommend the source to buy the
book.  Shopping on Amazon.com provides mostly books on training the horse
but not on the actual harness and hook up.

Thanks,
Cindy