[drivingpairs] Re: barefoot horses & www.naturalhorsetrim.com

  • From: "Robert York" <yorkmtn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:52:43 -0800

Re:  Concussive force of road driving.

I used borium on my driving shoes when I did road driving.  I was careful
about staying off the pavement as much as possible and I did run without
shoes in winter.  This was all done in E.Pennsylvania.  My horse is a
Thoroughbred/Quarter cross.  Evidentially she came down with navicular, I
believe due to the concussion.  Running with borium does not allow any
"Give".  I also believe that particular breeds are inclined towards
navicular.  She is now 23 years old, I still drive but without borium and I
am very careful of surfaces.  My shoer is particularly helpful.

P. York
Oroville, Calif.