[drivingpairs] Re: Where to buy a harness?

  • From: Robert & Linda Smith <Lrsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:29:34 -0700

Christine,
I have always been happy with Zimmerman's Harness which is right there
in PA - (in Ephrata, if that is close to your part of the state?) A lot
of our mini horse friends have also had them make their harness and they
love them too. I haven't seen a full-sized horse harness from them yet,
but I know they do them and you could go see their shop and see what you
think. They are an Amish family, so you won't find them online, but
their phone number is (717) 354-5667  They do biothane, betathane and
leather. They will make whatever piece parts you need also. They did our
pairs harness too and if you talk with Becky there, I'm sure she could
get it to be the kind that can change between single and pairs. They
have done about 8 harnesses for us now and all have been great. (Though
I did decide that the biothane harnesses were too shiny and too hard to
unbuckle, so I sold them off and replaced with betathane ones).
Linda in Arizona
http://myweb/cableone.net/lrsmith  -   if you want to see how we use our
Zimmerman Harnesses