[drivingpairs] Temp stables

  • From: "Patti Atkinson" <patti.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 11:39:29 +0100

Nancy, you sent
- I am intrigued by these fold out stalls! Did you build them yourself???
Also Kathy
No we didnt build them...not very handy with things like that.
The wagon is a boxvan with a 20 ft box.
The roof of the stables are in hinges fixed up near the roof of the wagon and
fastened at the bottom.
On arrival at a site we unclip the bottom and lift the roof (thats the hard
part cos its really heavy) and rest the front centre on a pole. The sides then
fold out from the side of the wagon (when travelling they are hidden btw the
roof and the side of the wagon).
The sides swing out and are clipped at the top to the corners of the roof and
have drop down legs to help take the weight.
Then another part of the sides folds out from what is now the front edge and
becomes the front of the stables.
The centre partition and doors are stored in the wagon and are just lifted into
place bracing the whole lot.
There are rolled up tarpaulins attached to the bottom of the wagon and all the
sides and central partition which then unroll and get pegged down.
It takes about 15 mins to set up ( plus a pair of stepladders and two, or more,
beers!)
This type of arrangement is very popular over here with many variations;
tarpaulin roofs with no sides and the beasties tied to the wagon being the
cheapest variation.
I dont know of many over here that stay off site and there are very few events
that have stabling available.

Got into work this morning to loads of messages, this group is fun.
There are not many here that drive mules tho' a few have donkeys but none of
them do our sort of competition.

Hackney x welsh and trotter x cob are probably our most popular breeds.

If any of you are visiting over here please get in contact.

Patti