[drivingpairs] Re: Tandem 'talk'...

  • From: "MARGARET TOWNSEND" <NAMGO@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "drivingpairs" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 07:04:58 -0700

Hello, everyone-
  I just had to say how much I am enjoying all the
discussion/stories/information about driving tandem, and to THANK all who are
participating!! I have come 'late in life' to the driving of multiples-though I
have driven my minis now for 20 years(pairs for about the past 9, though very
infrequently until fairly recently) and have ridden/owned/cared for horses for
the past 56 continuous years, I will never drive tandem--live alone, am the
sole caretaker for a 10 acre 'place' and all that grows and lives here,
including 9 drylotted horses(can you say, "manure-mover extraordinaire??!!),
have no one, ever, to be groom--you get the picture!! However, it has been and
is a GREAT pleasure and very educational to read of everyone else's experiences
and tips! So please, keep it up--you have really been "making my
day"-especially these short, miserably DRY but BITINGLY WINDY ones we've had
all this winter!!
  Regards to all,
  Margo Cox-Townsend
  at High Lonesome, on the eastern slopes of the Sandias, in New Mexico