[drivingpairs] Replacement policies

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:40:41 EDT

On the recent discussion about replacement policies on failing parts, without
getting into any specific company or brand nor any specific case, but just a
very general observation: One of the big questions of course is always what is
a real clear failure that should be made good, versus what is normal wear and
tear that can be expected over a certain amount of use or age. And that's
where I think often the problem lies and the arguments fly back and forth,
because people can have very different opinions in this regard on both sides of
the
issue. I know, that's not the case in your specific case (anybody here, I'm
not talking about any specific case, as I am not referring to any, but just as
very general observation), in YOUR case it's VERY clear, that YOU are right
(grin), just as we don't have any guilty people sitting in jail. If you ask
them, they are all innocent.
But then, it is good to hear where people have praise about suppliers who go
out of their way to make things right.  And I believe most do because their
reputation is very valuable to them and a key to future success.  So in cases
where that doesn't happen to an individual, well, just maybe there was a real
question on the legitimacy of the claim. But, yes, sometimes one does get short
changed, I have the same myself too, feeling shortchanged by an otherwise very
respectable firm. So I definitely can see and acknowledge both sides.
Hardy