[drivingpairs] Re: Pair musings

  • From: FriesianPrDriver@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 20:30:53 EDT

Well,

We drove the new pair of Friesian mares again last Sunday, although to the
marathon wagon - not the sleigh ;-).  I had two "navigators" on the  back.  The
older one is so reliable - she makes it easy breaking in  her little sister.
We drove on the farm first - past all kinds of "scary"  things - then went
down the road a couple of miles to a friend's  farm.  The younger one had to
get
over yellow traffic lines, scary white  styrofoam boxes in a creek behind a
guard rail, yellow H's painted on  the road, puddles that might jump up and get
you, etc.  You could see her  confidence growing as they cruised along.  She
was so proud of herself when  she finally stomped on the yellow H!  The best
was the mini paint stallion  that came galloping up to the fenceline right
along the road - he was scarier  than everything else!  She never knew horses
came
that small!  My  friend's paint horses galloping along next to us didn't
bother her.  When  we arrived, they stood quietly for at least 20 mins while we
all chatted.   Later on the same day, we drove the pair of ponies over to visit
also, along  with my Mom's single pony.  Was the best fun we'd all had in a
while!  :-)  Especially for the ponies - they got to let loose and gallop for a

while in the big back field.  Very happy ponies!  Pairs are way more  fun
than singles......

Karen  Wilkin
Star Cross Stable Friesian Horses & Sport Ponies
_www.starcrossstable.com_ (http://www.starcrossstable.com/)
47  Yellowbrook Rd.
Freehold, NJ 07728
732-919-3827