[drivingpairs] New Camptown Harness News

  • From: "Helen G. Roeder" <sunshinefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:22:55 -0600

Driving Friends,

With Marjean's permission I am posting this msg for those who did not see it on
CD-L.   Our best wishes go out to her as the new Camptown Harness owner.

Helen

Date:    Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:33:26 -0500
From:    Mike & Marjean McIntyre <Tenpenny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Camptown Harness

Well, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, but I'm sure it is just temporary VBG.

First I would like to thank Dave for his trust and faith in handing over his
"baby" to me.  I will certainly do everything I can to make him proud.
Obviously, I will also do my best to continue his great reputation for customer
service, excellence and value.

I would also like to ask for just a little bit of patience  in the beginning
while I get things in place and running smoothly again.  I will have to check
on things that Dave would have already known, but hopefully it won't take me
long to get up to speed.

I plan to introduce several new products in the near future, the first of which
is the new Camptown Wash N' Wear, which will be an all synthetic, stock size
harness, for an introductory price of $549 until May 1, after which it will be
$599.  We hope these will be ready to ship within 4 weeks.

The traditional Camptown Harness will now be known as the Camptown Custom
Classic, and will continue to be a leather lined, made-for-your-horse harness
with a few new changes that I know people will be excited about.  These will
include,  a shaped
sweetheart breastcollar with buckle in traces, 3 choices for neck strap design,
3 choices for blinker design  and  3 choices for reins as standard. Although
the price for the harness will go up slightly, from $720 to $749, it will be
available at a special introductory price of $699 until May 1st.

I am also excited to be offering the brightly  colored harness that I have been
driving
marathons with since last year.  The package will include the neck strap brow
band, noseband and hip straps for  $100.  Reins are available for $60-90,
depending on the material selected.  A few people have already ordered this
package, so I expect to see lots of fashion statements out there  VBG.  The
colors available in Beta are dark green, red, blue, purple, florescent orange,
and bright pink. Bright yellow and lime green are
available in bio,  along with many other colors I am still getting information
on, so if you don't see the color you can't live without listed above, give me
a call  ! ! !  For those of you going to the AZ CDE, watch for Donna Lutter on
the marathon with her new bright yellow harness.  I can't wait to see the
red/white and blue one I have coming for an order last week.  FUN  !!!

We will also be coming out hopefully within 4 to 6 weeks, with  the Camptown
version of the super-shaped breastcollar, which I am calling the Camptown
Freedom Collar.  I have looked at the products available, and made some changes
that will  combine the best features of all of them, I think you will agree.

A couple small items will be the bright yellow "Please Pass Wide and Slow "
sign for your carriage for $20,  and the "whisker" dressage markers I have
mentioned on the list, for $15.

Over the years I have wished for a greater variety of choices in driving
reins..... You know me, I want quality, choice and I want a reasonable price.
I'm holdin' the reins now, so to speak, and it's going to happen.  !!!!!!!!!!
Looking for super grip beta reins, reins with stops in beta or leather, rainbow
reins, braided reins ???????

Give me a call.  Watch for cotton web reins with rubber threading available in
the near future.

ANYBODY out there that has something harness-related they haven't been able to
locate, or couldn't find someone willing to custom make  -  give me a call.

The web site will be undergoing major renovation and hopefully within 6-8 weeks
will have all the products and many more pictures.  In the mean time you can
contact me at the same 800 number 800-717-0957.

For those of you wanting to contact Dave, you can reach him on his home phone.

Thanks again for all the good wishes.

marjean

    Helen G. Roeder
www.drivingpairs.com