[drivingpairs] Re: IT'S A GIRL!! 2ND HALF OF A PAIR ~ OR 4TH OF A 4-IN-HAND?!

  • From: Jan Tobey <mars@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 20:28:24 -0800 (PST)

Congrats on your beautiful little filly - she looks like a sweetie.  Keep her
warm and I hope your weather cooperates for you.  How lucky she was born at
9:30 in the morning.  My mares are usually not that considerate of my time.  I
haven't started my "Mare Stare" yet - none due until April - but that's less
than a month of restful sleep before the monitors and foal alerts.  Just
another 3 to 5 years for a fully working 4-in-hand hitch.  Whisper that in her
ear!

  Congrats again !!

Lori Harris <loriki@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  Howdy Y'all;

Duane delivered our second Hackney Horse/DHH filly --('Beryl') -- this
morning at 9:30!! We now have 9 month old older 3/4 sibling -- ('Aelspeth')
-- standing by to complete the pair!! Both are black/bay with white hinds
and one white front (opposite sided). Mothers are full sister Hackney
Horses driven as a pair before bred. Is this the making of a beautiful
4-in-hand?

Keep your fingers crossed -- we are expecting SNOW tonight!!

Best reagards;

~Lori and Duane

Lori K. Gibson-Harris
Duane Q. Harris
PO Box 558
Oakville WA 98568
360-858-8030
Gibson Ridge Farm LLC
www.GibsonRidgeFarm.com
www.OneHorseRicher.com
Hackney Horses/Crossbreds/Dutch Harness Horses