[drivingpairs] My initial buyer fell through (she got a rescue and is regretting it -- vet bills!)

  • From: "Anya Getman" <agetman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:44:17 -0400 (EDT)

My jet black 15.3 hand 24 year old standardbred pacer mare needs a good
home, if anyone is looking (she's in SE Michigan, but ships very well --
there's usually been a stallion at the other end :) ).  Zoning and
breeding have limited my space.  She can leave after she pulls my doctor's
buggy at my wedding July 6 :).  She can drive with blinkers, but I never
bother -- she's very smart with traffic, and automatically moves the buggy
over for oncoming cars.  She does make a small avoidance radius around
flapping balloons in front yards :).  She also does great on trailrides
under saddle -- will happily be leader away from, and toward, home.  When
the other horses are chicken, give her rein, and she'll sniff her way
through the obstacle, stream, or whatver, and then the others will follow
her.  Will default to a beautiful 4 beat amble when an unbalanced newbie
is on board.  She'll even stay at a slow canter under a scared newbie as
long as the other horses are still within sight.  Butter smooth ride.
Asking $1K to avoid the canners.  Her jet black 4 year old son Corvette
(broke to buggy, similar height) is also for sale back at my former
boarding barn.

www.haremhills.com
Mares
Corvall
Pics  Movies

Don't have anything important open when you run the movies -- in case they
 lock you up :) ...