[drivingpairs] Long lining clinic

  • From: "Beverly Means" <beverlymeans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Red List" <recreationalequinedriving@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<CD-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 06:10:40 -0700

I have a question...
I am 'signed up' for a long lining lesson

I'm trying to decide which critter to take

My choices are of course El Pony Grande, my 'short legged' Morgan as Jay
Hubert refers to him (Horse in everyway but only 14.1 1/2 so is pony sized)
.  This horse is very well trained, is a 'been there; done that' type
horse...

Or, one of my new-to-me pony girl pair.  These two pony mares are less
trained but obedient and safe but more resistant...

Obviously the pony girls would benefit more from the lesson but which is
more important?  A horse that will get it right thus allowing me to
concentrate on my learning or one of the ponies that will be far more of a
challenge to school and a challenge to me to communicate effectively with
them?

Beverly Ray Means, Pony Keeper
Precious Purple Pony Pharm
Calif.'s Central Valley