[drivingpairs] Re: source for jacket

  • From: "Helen Roeder" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 08:05:43 -0500

> I've tried those *vests* before but they all seem built for broad
shouldered construction workers and I waste too much attention trying to
keep the darn thing up on my shoulders.  When it did fall off my =
shoulders
it interferred with my arm movement and position. <

I understand how the oversized vests would be a problem.   This can =
easily be fixed with a thread and needle, or on the sewing machine by =
making taking a few tucks along the seam between the neck an arm =
openings.   It probably won't look like a Vercace garment, but it's =
still a cheap way to go and it will fit over any other clothes you might =
be wearing.   Heck, you could even take a pair of scissors or pinking =
shears and cut the armholes out so that the shoulder area fits you well =
enough so that it won't hang down to bother your position.   Just an =
idea.

Helen