[drivingpairs] Getting back to driving

  • From: KYutzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:37:47 -0500

During the hot summer months the oppressive heat (we're talking coastal
Texas here) makes it a challenge to keep the ponies on their conditioning
program. Throw in a broken leg (spousal unit/whip) and that really increases
the challenge. It is real easy, once you get home from work and go inside
the cool air conditioned house, to come up with all kinds of
excuses/reasons/alternative plans for not spending the time and effort to
hitch and drive. Now that the broken leg is on the mend and she (the spousal
unit/whip) can drive again, we are setting our sights on the Kansas City CDE
in September and the Oklahoma CDE in October. Getting ready for a CDE is one
of the best excuses for getting off one's rear and taking the pair out for a
drive. This spring one member of the pair was sent down to the minors to
give her time to chill and will be brought back up slowly. We pushed her a
little too much and are now paying the price. The spare was pulled off the
bench (actually out of the pasture) and now part of the pair that we take to
the Kansas City and Oklahoma CDE's. This past weekend a group of us got
together on Saturday morning and went for a drive in the country. This was
at the Benge's new place which is a beautiful piece of property about 75
miles NW of Houston. In addition to driving on the property there were great
quiet country roads on which to drive. Even though it's hot there still is
nothing as relaxing after work than hitching up the pair and going out for a
drive.
Just some rambling thoughts.

Keith Yutzy
Lone Star Dartmoors