[drivingpairs] Re: Getting back to driving

  • From: "Jim & Dorothy Walter" <svrminis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 22:49:31 -0700

Well............  if we are going to get back to driving.............  I
hitched up a pair of our horses and took all five of my grandchildren for a
ride in our little farm wagon.  We toured the small central Washington town
of Goldendale.  We looked at all of the beautiful flowers, and cute yard
ornaments that are all around the town.  The roses smelled heavenly.  The
petunias are just gorgeous this year, also.  The grandchildren loved the
hour or so we spent doing this and chattered with each other  the whole
time.  They had fun finding interesting things to look at as we traveled
along.  Their ages are 2,4,5,5,and 6 years old!!  They love riding with
grandma in her wagon.  I never have trouble getting the children to ride
with me.  But sometimes the rides are not long enough for them and it is
hard to get them OUT!  Ha ha ha.....  Once I took our now 4 year old for a
drive when he was two.  The horses were unhitched, harness put away , and he
was still in the wagon!  When his daddy finally took him out of the wagon,
he cried.  It made me feel bad, but he has gotten better with age.  Now his
little brother  is two and doesn't want to get out of the wagon.

It is hot here.  Up in the 100's, so our ride was in the morning.  No
complaints from the children, though!!!  I am hoping that I can raise up a
couple of grandchildren to stay interested in the horses.  The six year old
is already driving singles and pairs and loves every minute we can get him
behind a horse.  He will be doing his first competition in driving at the
local county fair next month.
Dorothy
JIM AND DOROTHY WALTER
SUNSET VALLEY RANCH