[drivingpairs] Re: Carabiners, etc.

  • From: "Olive Reichard" <olivereichard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 19:51:58 -0600

Keith, am I understanding you right if I say the quick release is attached
to the pole head and the caribiner is attached to the quick release itself
(with no strap or chain in between) and then the carabiner is snapped into
the dee of the breastcollar?

My ponies are also 12 hands (sec. A welsh) and my interest also lies in CDEs
(once I know they can be reliable).  I also have pole straps for
presentation, but like something for quick hitching when practicing.

With your ponies only having 3" of space between them and the pole, does the
pole interfere with them at all?  I have a drop pole on my wagonette.  It is
a Sierakowski, and held up well in the crash.

What weight rating carabiner do you use?

Thanks,

Olive