[dps-chat] Re: Thank you all - GREGORY information

  • From: Rosemary Martin <rosemary.e.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dps-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 08:36:50 +0800

Hi Viv

I just want to stress that I can't be sure about those Electoral Roll entries being the right people. There were others with the same names. I've attached a page with info that you can expect on a Victorian birth certificate & I suggest you purchase a digital transcription of Alfred Henry's BC - costs $24.60 for a digital image https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/indexsearch <https://online.justice.vic.gov.au/bdm/indexsearch.doj>

Best wishes

Rosemary

On 18/04/2017 7:19 AM, Vivienne Garforth wrote:

Hi everyone..

It would appear that Alfred Henry Gregory and Alfred Henry Victor Gregory were two completely different individuals.I’m glad that with all the help that I’ve received, I’ve been able to establish that fact and can therefore separate them both.

The bloke I am researching is Alfred Henry GREGORY, his father was Albert and his mother was Florence May Harrison. He was born in Fitzroy South, Melbourne in 1913.

This marriage was a true bonus..........and gives me more to work on......

The Sun (Kalgoorlie, WA : 1898 - 1919) Sun 4 Jun 1911
The following marriages will take place on the 'coast at an early, date.... Albert Gregory, North Fremantle, to Florence M. Harrison, North Fremantle. (so presumably they were from the goldfields.)

The death of Alfred’s sister, Victoria May Gregory was a good clue that confirms the parents’ names as Albert and Florence. She was born two years later than Alfred and also in Victoria at East Hotham.

She died and was buried in Fremantle, her parents address was 7 James Street, Fremantle.

The Memorium Notice from The West Australian was so very sad......but it gives Victoria’s date of death Feb 6^th 1918 in Fremantle.

1914 WA Electoral Roll they lived at 81 Victoria Road, East Fremantle. Occ. Lumper

1917 Electoral Roll shows them at 89 Darkly St, Carlton, Victoria.Occ. Wharf Labourer

1918 Death of daughter Victoria shows them back in WA at 7 James St, Fremantle

1949 Electoral Roll shows them separated. Florence at 156 South Tce and Alfred Henry at 15 Harbour Rd, Fremantle.

Thanks to everyone who offered me help to firstly separated the two Alfred Henrys one from the other and then to Rosemary for all of the electoral roll information.

I’m happy now and the fact that the couple went back and forth between WA and Vic also ties in with their descendant’s knowledge.

Thanks so much,

Viv