[donspatch] 2010-04-15

  • From: "Don (& Lisa)" <dondashguitar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Donspatch <Donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 16:58:13 -0500

#139 April 15, 2010 from http://www.don-guitar.com

Online version:  http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

Archives:  //www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

First word, from Don:

Lisa's convinced we're out of the woods (we're both getting
over Bronchitis) but my right ear feels like it's been
stuffed full of cotton and I've a few antibiotic pills
left to take.

We've been asked to participate in a sort of lifestyle
survey.  The data from this project is intended to be
used in a book.   http://thediaryproject.net/
We'll look the site over for a few days before deciding
whether or not we wish to participate.  I read the sample
diary entries they have posted.  Our lives are going to
look awfully mundane against that level of angst but I
suppose we might give them some balance.

Yesterday we worked on the ezine and did our taxes.
Today, Lisa had a couple of house cleaning jobs and
I've been on house husband duty.  I did the dishes
we didn't get to last night, the laundry and am
finishing up the ezine.  Despite this little section
being titled 'First word', it's always the last thing
I write.  When I've signed off on this section I'll
created the online version for our website, then post
the ezine and upload the online version.  With luck
it won't have started raining yet so I can get the
clothes off the line (the sky has started looking
slightly ominous).

As I've been assembling this issue it seems to me
that there's a heck of a lot of cool stuff here.
I never see what Lisa's done until I put it all
together and today I kept seeing interesting links
in her sections which I had to stop and visit.
That tends to slow down the process somewhat
but it's worth it.  I hope y'all enjoy this issue
as much as I did.  :)

See you next time,

Don

Our feedback form and contact info:
http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Don on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/donguitar

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Don-Crowder/1321324044

twitter:
http://twitter.com/eldergeek

blogger:
http://don-guitar.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/dondashguitar

Lisa on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/81825549

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Lisa-Miller/100000537499890

blogger:
http://thedirtgoddess.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/101326359135790262301

Section One by Don.

I guess the Windows Browser Wars are never going to be over.
For years Microsoft 'owned' the browser market with IE...
www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx
...but those days are gone.  IE is still popular but
Mozilla Firefox is in the lead these days.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/firefox.html
Mozilla also offers a few additional choices.
http://www.flock.com/
http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
Opera is trying to hang onto the number three slot...
http://www.opera.com/
...but brash newcomer Google Chrome is moving up fast.
http://www.google.com/chrome
A few years ago, when Apple's Safari browser became good
enough to compete with the Mac version of IE, Microsoft
responded by ceasing to produce a Mac compatible version
of IE.  Apple's reaction was to create a Windows compatible
version of Sarari.  http://www.apple.com/safari/download/
Amaya is a browser which is intended to facilitate web
design.   http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Overview.html
I found a few I've never heard of but I guess that's
only to be expected in these frantic days of
exponential software development.
http://www.aceexplorer.com/
http://www.ioage.com/en/
http://kidrocket.org/
http://www.smartbro.com/
http://www.browsersite.com/B2.htm
http://www.fenrir-inc.com/global/
http://www.spacetime.com/download.php
http://www.browse3d.com/
http://www.bitty.com/
http://grail.sourceforge.net/
here are browsers for those who are prone to paranoia.
https://anonymous-proxy-servers.net/en/jondofox
https://xerobank.com/download/xb-browser/
Then there are a few browsers which run on components of
Internet Explorer, meaning IE must be installed on the
computer in order for them to work.  These are all good
browsers but, because they run on components of IE,
they have the same vulnerabilities as IE.
http://slimbrowser.flashpeak.com/en/
http://www.avantbrowser.com/
http://www.maxthon.com/index.htm
http://www.crazybrowser.com/index.htm

End of Section One.

This publication is only mailed to verified
double opt-in subscribers, and is brought
to you by me, Don Crowder, my wife,
Lisa Miller, and //www.freelists.org

Section Two by Lisa.

We were aghast at this story.  Hurting
children is wrong.  How hard is that?
http://tinyurl.com/ycc4m5v

JJCromer, artist.
http://www.jjcromer.com/portfolio/2009.html

One dress, one year.
http://theuniformproject.com/

Some ideas on how to organize image files.
http://eadoopho.notlong.com
http://yiciv.notlong.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_organizer

Felice Frankel, science photographer.
http://www.felicefrankel.com/index.html

Artist Christopher Mir.
http://christophermir.com/

With the new Health Care Bill, how do
you know if you're eligible for Medicare?
http://oceicoh.notlong.com

Warren Buffett on the lottery of birth.
http://joobeev.notlong.com

JPG magazine, your world in pictures.
http://www.jpgmag.com/

It's a fabulous wildflower year here in
Texas. It really does look like this,
everywhere you look. I'm so happy....
http://degetai.notlong.com

Jessica Fortner sculptured illustration.
http://www.jessicafortner.com/

The real world is beautiful.
http://www.olympusbioscapes.com/gallery/2009/

How do you raise self-reliant children
without going crazy with worry?
http://freerangekids.wordpress.com/

Remember Max Erhmann's Desiderata?
http://mwkworks.com/desiderata.html

Useful and decorative knots.
http://aisiac.notlong.com
http://www.igkt.net/index.php
http://www.knottynotions.com/

End of Section Two.

At the time this issue was posted,
the current subscriber count for
this publication was 376.

This issue's collection of online news, blogs,
magazines, videos  and/or other informational
sites.  These are chosen for maximum diversity
regardless of 'spin' and in some cases may
have offensive or questionable content.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/offbeat/
http://dirtyredcommie.com/
http://tinyurl.com/y4wo5rz [med dot yale dot edu]
http://hso.info/
http://www.feministing.com/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/400d/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/digital_camera_club/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/digital_beginners/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootdigital/
http://www.catswhoblog.com/
http://designchair.co.uk/
http://www.webdesign.org/
http://www.refresheverything.com/blog/
http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/
http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/
http://www.adambaumgoldgallery.com/
http://loveisntenough.com/
http://www.openleft.com/
http://www.opendemocracy.net/
http://www.soros.org/

Section Three by Don.

Finding independent music on the web is easy.  Here's a
fairly new site that's gaining respect for respecting
the privacy of their site visitors...
http://libre.fm/
...if privacy isn't an issue, you can listen to just
about anything you'd care to hear on last.fm...
http://www.last.fm/
...or one of the numerous similar sites (too many to list,
this is a portal page, just scroll down a bit)...
http://www.siterapture.com/sitesimilarsites.asp?SiteID=213
...or, if you aren't too terribly picky about genre,
are willing to go through hundreds of pieces you
don't care for just to find one or two you like and
are willing to puzzle out where to click to preview
the song (because it's a little different on each
site) then any of these will keep you busy for hours.
http://beemp3.com/
http://www.bomb-mp3.com/
http://www.emp3world.com/
http://www.mp3.com/free-music/
http://www.mp3-codes.com/

Here's a security tool which might be worth learning how
to use.  http://www.ubcd4win.com/

This tool is for advanced users only.
http://www.nliteos.com/

A small collection of interesting portals.
http://tinyurl.com/y6t4fg8 [marcofolio dot net]
http://revision3.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234
http://bluefive.pair.com/free_computer_software.htm
http://www.econsultant.com/i-want-freeware-utilities/
http://tinyurl.com/dx4c63 [lifehacker dot com]

PuTTY is an implementation of Telnet
and SSH for Windows and Unix platforms.

Ever wanted another chance to play the video games you
enjoyed back in nineteenmumble?  Some serious geeking
may be required but there are emulators available
for those who have tenacious, technical minds.
http://www.emulator-zone.com/
http://www.fantasyanime.com/emuhelp/emulators.htm
http://www.freeroms.com/
http://www.retrogames.com/
http://mamedev.org/
http://www.theoldcomputer.com/index.php
http://www.vg-network.com/
http://www.lemonamiga.com/
http://mameworld.info/
If installing an emulator is just too geeky for you
there are a few sites where old games can be played online.
http://www.virtualapple.org/
http://www.freegameempire.com/
http://www.nescafeweb.com/
http://www.zxspectrum.net/

--

I recently answered a question on the topic
of purchasing a new desktop computer...

The big question for a desktop is whether to purchase
a branded system (Dell, HP, Gateway) or purchase an
unbranded 'White Box' (meaning a system which has been
assembled from components and installed in a generic case,
often, but not necessarily, white in color).  The computer
I'm using to type this reply is, in fact, a white box which,
several years ago, cost about $700.00.  It came with Win2K
installed though it now runs safer, faster and more
powerfully on Debian Linux but that's beside the point.
Companies like 3Btech can build you a white box with your
choice of AMD or Intel CPU and permit you to select the
components yourself. Check it out.
http://3btech.net/systems2.html
Branded systems can be purchased online from...
http://www.amazon.com/
http://www.tigerdirect.com/
http://www.geeks.com/
http://www.bestbuy.com/
...or any of numerous other sites.  You can
even go right to the source and get one from...
http://del.com/
http://www.hp.com/
http://www.gateway.com/
...and there are websites which claim
they can help you find a bargain.
http://www.xpbargains.com/
http://www.techbargains.com/
http://www.pcbargainhunter.com/
http://www.cheapstingybargains.com/

Happy shopping.  :)

End of Section Three.

If you'd like to help promote this
non-commercial publication,
please forward this ezine to
anyone you know who might
appreciate it.  To spare them
the forwarding carets (>> these
things) I suggest you copy/paste
the ezine to a new email window,
or save the ezine as a text file to
be inserted, or copy/pasted to a
new email.

If you've received this publication
as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online
forms in either of these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch

Section Four by Lisa.

Open Clip Art Library. Free and
free-to-use. http://www.openclipart.org/

Natural methods for a good night's sleep.
http://www.sleep-aid-tips.com/index.html

Lots of great digital painting tutorials.
http://kalaalog.com/

One thing, once a day, 100 days.
http://www.hundreddays.net/

Get the most from YouTube.
http://www.guidingtech.com/1643/youtube-guide/

The very best logos.
http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/

Scientific photography.
http://www.eyeofscience.com/frame1.html

Deadly accurate search.
http://www.ninja.com/

Go ahead, ask Alice.
http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/

The amazing photography of
Miroslaw Swietek.  http://cephiuli.notlong.com

A design company that celebrates
art and artists.  http://www.redbubble.com/

This keeps on wierding me out.
http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/Pickover/pc/boy.html

Art too bad to be ignored.
http://www.museumofbadart.org/

Dedicated to the Unexplained.
http://theshadowlands.net/

End of Section Four.

We welcome all comments, suggestions, or
criticism.  The form doesn't access your
email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.  If you know of a
website that would be a good candidate
for this ezine, please pass it on via
our online feedback form.
http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Section Five by Don.

Britney Spears' Guide to Semiconductor Physics
(hey, I'm not making this stuff up).
http://britneyspears.ac/lasers.htm

I forget the riddle or where I saw it but the answer to
the riddle was a kids game called 'Steal the Bacon.
http://www.gameskidsplay.net/GAMES/chasing_games/bacon.htm
More where that came from.   http://www.gameskidsplay.net/

So, exactly how safe is your computer on the web?
http://supportdetails.com/ (lists data your computer offers)
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
http://www.auditmypc.com/security-scan.asp
http://bcheck.scanit.be/bcheck/
Editor's Note:  If you feel you're particularly vulnerable,
feel free to drop us a line from the contact page.  We may
be able to offer suggestions and/or assistance.

Words and language in a humorous vein.
http://www.word-detective.com/

A positive family of websites.
http://www.givesmehope.com/
http://www.lovegivesmehope.com/
http://www.saveswatts.com/
http://www.omg-facts.com/ (some mature content)

The Women's Institute for Financial Education.
http://www.wife.org/

Western Swing fans, check out this new album. Scroll down
and give a listen to the Hesitation Blues (awesome).
http://www.willieandthewheel.com/
[Oh You Pretty Woman isn't bad either]

Who wants a Whoopie pie?   http://www.whoopiepies.org/

eBooks.   http://www.fictionwise.com/

Lots of recipes.   http://www.recipezaar.com/

What is the Windows Registry and why clean it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Registry_cleaner
Some folks are firmly against registry cleaning...
http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=643
...but Windows OneCare includes a registry cleaner.
http://tinyurl.com/6mdzss
One thing I'm sure of is that an aggressive registry cleaner
can cause numerous problems.  The safest registry cleaner I
know of is EasyCleaner.  I've seen it improve the performance
of several Windows XP systems but I've never seen it create a
problem (Note: Registry cleaning is not recommended for
Windows Vista or Windows 7).
http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

End of Section Five.

Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

The current issue is also available on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

RSS feed is available via this link.
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/feed.rss

Section Six by Lisa.

Identifying flint artifacts.
http://www.oplin.org/point/

Using engenuity to solve everyday problems.
http://www.whynot.net/

Internet security and safety.
http://www.onguardonline.gov/

Martin Gardner is a fascinating person.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Gardner#Biography

Beautiful fractal art by David Makin.
http://makinmagic.deviantart.com/

Vi Hart's interesting, eclectic site.
http://vihart.com/

Lowrie the Piglet's life has been chronicled
by Facebook.   http://ahdaema.notlong.com

Top ten ugly buildings.
http://members.virtualtourist.com/vt/t/354

And here's the latest news from...your
second brain.   http://ongepej.notlong.com

Sculptures by Stephen J. Backman.
http://landmarksofsf.com/photoindex.html

A tool to make web pages more readable.
http://lab.arc90.com/experiments/readability/

100 lectures from the world's top scientists.
http://eeshiphe.notlong.com

The works of Jacek Yerka.
http://www.yerkaland.com/preview.php

Is this the real 3D Mandelbulb?  (huh?)
http://pahsaicu.notlong.com

End of Section Six.

The Linux Corner.

Fedora vs. Ubuntu: Is either better?
http://tinyurl.com/yz4pkhs [earthweb dot com]

The Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) adds thin-client
support to Linux servers.   http://www.ltsp.org/

Linux will eventually have a major
impact on education in the world.
http://www.schoolforge.net/
http://linux-for-education.org/
http://www.seul.org/
http://edubuntu.org/

Linux users with multimedia skills should love this.
http://media-newswire.com/release_1112212.html

Linux Magazine online.   http://www.linux-mag.com/

Linux 101: a beginner's guide (free from HP).
http://h30187.www3.hp.com/courses/overview/p/courseId/5548

Ubuntu Pocket Guide and Reference (you can buy a hard copy
or just download it).   http://www.ubuntupocketguide.com/

A Little Humor.

From our web-sibling Norm Koeckritz.

Paddy was driving down the street in a sweat because he
had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place.
Looking up to heaven he said, 'Lord take pity on me. If you
find me a parking place I will go to Mass every Sunday for
the rest of me life and give up me Irish Whiskey!'
Miraculously, a parking place appeared.  Paddy looked up
again and said, 'Never mind, I found one.'

Father Murphy walks into a pub in Donegal, and asks the
first man he meets, 'Do you want to go to heaven?'
The man said, 'I do, Father.'  The priest said, 'Then
stand over there against the wall.'  Then the priest
asked the second man, 'Do you want to go to heaven?'
'Certainly, Father,' the man replied.  'Then stand over
there against the wall,' said the priest.  Then Father
Murphy walked up to O'Toole and asked, Do you want to
go to heaven?' O'Toole said, 'No, I don't Father.  The
priest said, 'I don't believe this. You mean to tell me
that when you die you don't want to go to heaven?'
O'Toole said, 'Oh, when I die, yes. I thought you
were getting a group together to go right now.'

Paddy was in New York . He was waiting and watching
the traffic cop on a busy street crossing. The cop
stopped the flow of traffic and shouted, 'Okay,
pedestrians.'  Then he'd allow the traffic to pass.
He'd done this several times, and Paddy still stood
on the sidewalk. After the cop had shouted,
'Pedestrians!' for the tenth time, Paddy went over
to him and said, 'Is it not about time ye
let the Catholics across?'

Gallagher opened the morning newspaper and was
dumbfounded to read in the obituary column that he
had died. He quickly phoned his best friend, Finney.
Did you see the paper?' asked Gallagher. 'They say
I died!!' Yes, I saw it!' replied Finney. 'Where
are ye callin' from?'

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets
stopped for speeding in Connecticut .  The state trooper
smells alcohol on the priest's breath and then sees an
empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.   He says,
'Sir, have you been drinking?'  Just water,' says the
priest. The trooper says, 'Then why do I smell wine?'
The priest looks at the bottle and says, 'Good
Lord! He's done it again!'

Walking into the bar, Mike said to Charlie the bartender,
'Pour me a stiff one, I just had another fight with the
little woman. 'Oh yeah?' said Charlie, 'And how did this
one end?'  'When it was over,' Mike replied, 'She came to
me on her hands and knees.' 'Really,' said Charles, 'Now
that's a switch!  What did she say?' She said, 'Come out
from under the bed, you little chicken.'

Patton staggered home very late after another evening
with his drinking buddy, Paddy. He took off his shoes
to avoid waking his wife, Kathleen.  He tiptoed as
quietly as he could toward the stairs leading to their
upstairs bedroom, but misjudged the bottom step. As he
caught himself by grabbing the banister, his body swung
around and he landed heavily on his rump.  A whiskey
bottle in each back pocket broke and made the landing
especially painful.  Managing not to yell, Patton
sprung up, pulled down his pants, and looked in the
hall mirror to see that his butt cheeks were cut and
bleeding.  He managed to quietly find a full box of
Band-Aids and began putting a Band-Aid as best he
could on each place he saw blood.  He then hid the
now almost empty Band-Aid box and shuffled and
stumbled his way to bed.  In the morning, Patton woke
up with searing pain in both his head and butt and
Kathleen staring at him from across the room.  She
said, 'You were drunk again last night weren't you?'
Patton said, 'Why would you say such a mean thing?'
'Well,' Kathleen said, 'it could be the open front
door, it could be the broken glass at the bottom of
the stairs, it could be the drops of blood trailing
through the house, it could be your bloodshot eyes,
but mostly it's all those Band-Aids stuck on the
hall mirror'.

---

Found on the web...

A computer was something on TV
From a science fiction show of note
A window was something you hated to clean
And ram was the cousin of a goat.

Meg was the name of my girlfriend
And gig was a job for the nights
Now they all mean different things
And that really mega bytes.

An application was for employment
A program was a TV show
A cursor used profanity
A keyboard was a piano.

Memory was something that you lost with age
A CD was a bank account
And if you had a 3-inch Floppy
You hoped nobody found out.

Compress was something you did to the garbage
Not something you did to a file
And if you unzipped anything in public
You'd be in jail for a while.

Log on was adding wood to the fire
Hard drive was a long trip on the road
A mouse pad was where a mouse lived
And a backup happened to your commode.

Cut you did with a pocket knife
Paste you did with glue
A web was a spider's home
And a virus was the flu.
A computer was something on TV
From a science fiction show of note
[...]

Tips for This Issue.

A few goodies from learnthenet.com.
Basics.   http://tinyurl.com/y7cl6ck
Monitor settings.   http://tinyurl.com/y69yjvc
Page building.   http://tinyurl.com/y2v4cvu
Bookmarks/favorites.   http://tinyurl.com/y474ny7
Error messages.   http://tinyurl.com/y5dndtr
Far more where that came from.
http://www.learnthenet.com/home/index.php

Contributions From Our Readers.
Links from readers are always
welcome and you can even write
your own link descriptions if you
like (just tell me when you send
them if that's what you intended).
Guidelines are available here:
http://www.don-guitar.com/descriptivetext.html

From our web-sibling Patrick Barden.
( http://lookeewhatifound.blogspot.com/ )

How safe are the household chemical, cleaners
and compounds you use every day in your home?
http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/

From our web-sibling Jo-Ann (Jo) Burton:

Tim Flach's photography.   http://www.timflach.com/

The page is 'ancient' but the images are timeless.
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/18729528.html

All I can say about this is 'I don't think so'.
http://www.clusterballoon.org/intro/intro.html

Uncomplicated.   http://www.realsimple.com/

This child needs more applause.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r43yCiKlbCo

The house that Nikolai Sutyagin built.
http://goo.gl/Uihc [hoffstrizz dot com]
More interesting stuff where that came from.
http://www.hoffstrizz.com/

Did you sing frère jacques in grade school?  Here it is
in dozens of languages, some of which are very interesting
(listen to the one in reggae hippie for example).
http://demonsaumonde.free.fr/frere.jacques/index.html

So little time, so much to explore.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/

Travel anyone?   http://www.concierge.com/

Why don't they call it eVillage?   http://www.ivillage.com/

Um, youth, culture, japan, English-language, feminine (don't
know how to describe it).   http://pinktentacle.com/

Odd, unusual news.   http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/

Web-sibling Jerry Fox tipped us off to a humorous bit of
technological history known as the 'Turboencabulator'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turboencabulator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbHkPZahYx4

Our other-brother Bill (Beeyil) Lanoue feels that it's
important to maintain a healthy level of insanity.
http://www.wikihow.com/Maintain-a-Healthy-Level-of-Insanity

From our web-sibling John Lepse.

( John's blog: http://hucknjim.blogspot.com/ )

For just under a couple of million bucks you could
live in a faux cave.   http://thecavehouse.com/

What's your story?   http://storycorps.org/

Speeding up your computer.
http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks

Humorous 'Demotivators' (right above the image is a bar
that lets you navigate through the various images.  For
example, the next one in line is 'Mistakes').
http://despair.com/misfortune.html

A few years ago I switched to an optical mouse, which has
no internal moving parts to clean but plenty of folks are
still using the older style mouse which has a moving ball
underneath it.  This link was posted to one of my Linux
User Groups by our friend Bob Pendleton.
http://www.fonerbooks.com/r_mouse.htm

Thank you Patrick, Jo, Jerry, Bill, John and Bob.

Last word, from Lisa:

Well, we're over our bouts with bronchitis and
have settled in as much a routine as we ever
have.  I'm up for an uneventful week, how about
you?

We attended the first-ever Texas Linux Fest in Austin
on April 10.  We had a great time and felt that it
was a great success, especially for a first event.
We're certain it will become an annual event and
intend to do our bit to promote and help as we can.
Here's our group (Highland Lakes Linux User Group)
at the event.   http://roagipo.notlong.com
The talks were recorded and will be presented on
Vimeo.  Here's the keynote address, more to come;
http://vimeo.com/10847744  There were three
presentations going on at any one time; you had to
choose one and then move on to the next one of
your choice.  I'm looking forward to seeing them
all at my convenience.

Lisa

Our feedback form and contact info:
http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

Lisa on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/81825549

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Lisa-Miller/100000537499890

blogger:
http://thedirtgoddess.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/101326359135790262301

Don on...

myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/donguitar

facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/people/Don-Crowder/1321324044

twitter:
http://twitter.com/eldergeek

blogger:
http://don-guitar.blogspot.com/

google buzz.
http://www.google.com/profiles/dondashguitar

Don Crowder and Lisa Miller
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
5:02 PM CST - Buchanan Lake Village, Texas, USA
Served by the U.S. Post Office
in Tow (rhymes-with-cow), Texas

Privacy:  We will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Privacy Policy on our website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/privacy.html

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

The most important people on the Internet, for you and
I as computer users, are software developers.  The world's
coolest computer, without software, is like a car without
fuel.  It might look great, but what can it do?
It doesn't matter who produces the software you love
and use regularly, the developers of that software
need and deserve your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can
get without cost on the Internet. There can be hidden
costs for the unwary. Use a 'throw away' email address to
register, and be constantly on guard against giving away
personal information. Use a firewall, and provide only
the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.

The Internet:  A Weapon of Mass Construction.