[donspatch] 2005-10-01

  • From: "Don Crowder" <guitarman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Don's Patch" <donspatch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 00:36:31 -0500

Don's Patch Issue #2005-10-01 from http://www.don-guitar.com

I've heard it said that the older we get the more we hate to learn new
things but I don't know how true that is.  I've always claimed to hate
 learning new things but when I'm actually in the middle of learning
something new I'm normally having so much fun that I may well
forget to complain.  That hasn't been the case this week however.
I've been complaining loudly and often.  We now have Verizon DSL.
Getting DSL hooked up and working on my newer Win2k system
was fast and easy.  Persuading it to work with my old Win98 system
(Dell, 266 MHz, OptiPlex GX1) has, so far, evaded my best efforts.
I know I should be able to let go of the old computer, the new
one has worked beautifully for the last seven months, but the old one
has earned it's place as my backup system .  Even if the description is
merely an honorary title I'd still like it to work with my DSL service.

The temperature is 110 (that's Fahrenheit, it's a little over 43 Celsius) in
the sunny village of Tow Texas today and our central air unit is a little
overburdened so it isn't quite as cool indoors as one might wish but one
is, nevertheless, grateful to be working indoors.  *grin*

I converted the temperature here:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm
but I could also have used Johannes Wallroth's tiny little Unit Converter
http://www.programming.de/  (click on "Downloads" and scroll down
the page to find it) or Versaverter.
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7701,00.asp

I hope it's cooler where you live.

My feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Nonags is an oldie-but-goodie I haven't mentioned for over a year.
http://www.nonags.com/nonags/index.html

Webquest resources for teachers.
http://www.ozline.com/webquests/intro.html
http://webquest.sdsu.edu/
http://www.ozline.com/learning/index.htm

The premise here is that "type is an organism".
http://www.typorganism.com/

Pre-computer games for kids.   http://www.gameskidsplay.net/

A nice recipe archive from the UK.   http://www.free-recipes.co.uk/

What would you like to do before you die?
http://www.2dobeforeidie.com/

Stories, poems, folktales, activities, games and more on this site
from India.   http://www.4to40.com/

Singing without musical accompaniment is referred to as A Cappella.
http://www.casa.org/

The Afro-American Almanac.   http://www.toptags.com/aama/

"Aging in place" is growing older without having to move.
http://www.seniorresource.com/ageinpl.htm
http://www.texashomeandgarden.com/index.cfm?npageid=84
http://www.intel.com/research/prohealth/cs-aging_in_place.htm
http://www.naipc.org/
http://aipi.n4a.org/
http://www.aota.org/featured/area6/links/link02an.asp
http://www.elderweb.com/?PageID=2987
http://www.livable.com/aging/
http://www.seniorsafehome.com/AgingInPlace/tabid/266/Default.aspx
http://www.nw.org/network/comstrat/agingInPlace/default.asp
http://www.knowledgeplex.org/showdoc.html?id=4915

Locating links which related to aging in place lead me to a host
of other useful and interesting links.
http://www.aota.org/index.asp
http://www.elderweb.com/
http://www.livable.com/index.htm
http://www.seniorresource.com/
http://www.nw.org/network/home.asp
http://www.knowledgeplex.org/
http://www.seniorsafehome.com/

This portal, at refdesk, is called the Daily Almanac because every
site listed relates to something occurring daily.
http://www.refdesk.com/quote.html

Most of us have, just lately, spent some time thinking about
how nice it would be to have some alternatives for fuel.
http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/

Health and healing alternatives.
http://www.alternativemedicine.com/am/login/index.jsp
http://nccam.nih.gov/
http://www.rosenthal.hs.columbia.edu/
http://www.jr2.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/booths/altmed.html

This may well be the most poorly designed museum site I've ever
seen.  Navigation is convoluted and confusing; links which lead
to exhibits are several pages deep and often in a different place
on the introductory page.  The site also makes extensive,
obsessive, compulsive and offensive use of flash in it's
navigation and exhibits.  Flash for it's own sake is not a pretty
site (pun intended) but, for all of that, some of the exhibits are
powerful and moving.  It will be particularly difficult for those
having dial-up connections to explore the site but it may be
worth the wait.  *shrug*
http://www.alternativemuseum.org/index.html

Science through the eyes of Richard Milton.
http://www.alternativescience.com/

Ancient Astronomy.  http://www.astronomy.pomona.edu/archeo/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This publication is only mailed to verified double opt-in subscribers,
and is brought to you by me, Don Crowder, my wife, Lisa Miller,
and //www.freelists.org

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Here's an article written by Rabbi Aryeh Spero that's circulating
the web via email forwarding.
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=19582
While many such emails are bogus, this one seems to be the
genuine article and Rabbi Spero is quite an interesting character.
http://www.caucusforamerica.com/site.about.php

What's the use in being mad all the time?
http://www.angerchillout.com/

 Why do great civilizations fall?
http://www.learner.org/exhibits/collapse/

Here's a site, from Paul Lutus, that's more than worth exploring
regularly.   http://www.arachnoid.com/index.html

As is true of most art sites, the contents of this one may not be
entirely family friendly.  Everything I saw was ok but odd.
http://www.artchallenge.com/

I don't watch Asian films, but if I did this would be my favorite
movie review site.    http://www.cityonfire.com/

There are a few places where you can get answers to questions
on just about any subject. Some of them are without cost, some
of them aren't.  Here's a few of both sorts.
http://askearth.com/go/home
http://www.answers.com/
http://www.answers.org/
http://www.ask.com/
http://answers.google.com/answers/
http://www.askanexpert.com/

The ASPCA.   http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

A resource for anyone who's in the banking business.
http://www.bankersalmanac.com/

Audacity is (costless), open source software for recording and
editing sounds which is available for Mac OS X, Windows,
GNU/Linux, and other operating systems.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

I think I should develop a geek-level rating system for technical
resources like this one.   I'll have to ponder that; maybe
you have some ideas on it?  Anyway, if you're as geeky as I am
this is really exciting.   http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
These boot disk resources are a little less exciting but still cool.
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
http://www.ubcd4win.com/
http://www.bootdisk.com/
http://www.ntfs.com/boot-disk.htm
NTFS Reader is another cool geeky toy.
http://www.ntfs.com/products.htm

The baseball almanac (one pop-up).   http://www.baseball-almanac.com/

A nice archive of Japanese recipes (in English).
http://www.bob-an.com/recipe/English/index_e.html

In all honesty, I'm not a gamer but these sites are everywhere and
new ones seem to appear every day.  I honestly don't know if any
of my readers are gamers but I'm pretty sure their kids and/or
grandkids are so here are some gaming sites.
http://www.bungie.net/
http://www.planethalflife.com/
http://www.gamerhelp.com/

The Burpee Museum of Natural History in Rockford IL.
http://www.burpee.org/

Thousands of famous personalities.   http://celebrityalmanac.com/

The city of Athens.
http://www.cityofathens.gr/portal/site/AthensPortalEN/
http://athens.georgia.gov/05/home/0,2230,8896571,00.html
 http://www.ci.athens.oh.us/
 http://ci.athens.al.us/
http://www.cityofathenstn.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

At the time this issue was posted, the current
subscriber count for this publication was 296.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This issue's collection of news/magazine/informational sites
(these are chosen for maximum diversity regardless of "spin" ).
http://www.alternativenews.org/
http://www.altpr.org/
http://www.altpress.org/direct.html
http://www.whybiotech.com/
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/home/index.html
http://www.counterpunch.org/
http://www.freep.com/index.htm
http://www.ff.org/
http://www.hometownannapolis.com/
http://www.chron.com/
http://www.inthesetimes.com/
http://www.iht.com/
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/index.php
http://journalstar.com/
http://www.jnewswire.com/index.php
http://japanfocus.org/index.asp
http://japantoday.com/
http://www.jsonline.com/
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/
http://www.leaderu.com/index.html
http://www.lewrockwell.com/
http://www.manilatimes.net/
http://marketingplaybook.com/
http://www.monthlyreview.org/
http://www.spaceref.com/
http://www.thespacereview.com/index.html
http://www.thealmanac.net/
http://www.upenn.edu/almanac/
http://www.why-war.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

A portal for cloth doll patterns.
http://clothdollconnection.com/FreePatterns.html

Computer Industry Almanac.   http://www.c-i-a.com/

The Computer Technology Documentation Project.
http://www.comptechdoc.org/

This hasn't really "caught on" but it's an emblem I like.
http://www.multiwebs.net/conduct.html

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
http://www.cpsc.gov/

A large and growing "stash" of information on David Wheeler's
site.  http://www.dwheeler.com/

The American Hemerocallis Society.   http://www.daylilies.org/

This dirty magazine is family friendly.   http://dirtdoctor.com/

Everything you ever wanted to know about the U. S. DoD.
http://www.defenselink.mil/pubs/almanac/

The clearinghouse for information about Pasture-Based farming.
http://www.eatwild.com/

The Alternative Education Resource Organization (AERO).
http://www.educationrevolution.org/

SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry's
Environmental Information Series.   http://www.esf.edu/pubprog/

A "fancy" cooking resource.   http://www.epicurean.com/

Why we need to evaluate what we find on the Internet.
http://www.lib.purdue.edu/itd/techman/eval.html

Today's date on several calendars and a list of events that occurred
on this date.     http://www.copi.org/craig/events/today.html

Farmers' Almanac.   http://www.farmersalmanac.com/
Old Farmer's Almanac.   http://www.almanac.com/

A sound search engine.   http://www.findsounds.com/index.html

I'm using Firefox to check the links for this issue.
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html
Because I started with it, I'll finish with it but I much prefer
Slimbrowser.   http://www.flashpeak.com/
Slimbrowser is highly configurable but setting it up is challenging
because it's so complicated.  In my case, for example, there are
very few default settings that I haven't altered and, because
Slimbrowser uses the "guts" (DLLs) of Internet Explorer, it retains
some of the vulnerabilities of IE.   Both Slimbrowser and Firefox
have built-in pop-up blocking but I've noticed that some websites
have found ways around the blocking lately (Firefox gets fewer
than Slimbrowser).  For a regular sort of person (I hesitate to
say "normal") I think Firefox would be a far better choice and I'll
keep it updated on my system just in case I change my mind
later.  Here's some commentary from a fellow who's definitely
switched.   http://www.scottberkun.com/blog/?p=115

Twelve lists of plants used in the floriculture, nursery, and landscape
industries. Botanical and common names of each plant, at least
three of each, are given as links which lead to photos of the plant.
http://www.cobleskill.edu/courses/orht321/list1.htm

A cross-browser HTML editor for ASP.NET.
http://www.freetextbox.com/Default.aspx

I had to ponder how to list these two resources.  I hope you'll
be able to guess what I meant before clicking the links.
(costless) (apps) Foundation.   http://www.fsf.org/
(costless) (apps) list from FSF and UNESCO.   http://directory.fsf.org/

Robert Vincent Sims, The Garden Rebel.   http://www.gardenrebel.com/

A very slick gardening resource.   http://www.gardenweb.com/

Tristan Miller is a young man who isn't optimistic about his chances for
romance.   http://www.nothingisreal.com/girlfriend/
For equity, here's something from the website of a woman named
Jes Simon.   http://www.sendcoffee.com/minorsage/never.html

On the question of gun control, these fellows prefer to be armed and
dangerous.    http://www.guncite.com/

These little animations would probably take entirely too long to load
on a dial-up connection and I thought they were a little corny but
Lisa never stopped laughing all the way through them.  If you have
a fast connection, or are very patient, you can decide for yourself.
http://snipurl.com/i2e5
Here's the "main entrance".    http://snipurl.com/hoopYoyo

An extensive health resource (one pop-up).    http://www.healthy.net/

Her Majesty's Nautical Almanac.    http://www.nao.rl.ac.uk/

IFAT is a global network of fair trade organizations.
http://www.ifat.org/

The Invisible Web: What it is, why it exists, how to find it.
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/InvisibleWeb.html

International Jelly and Preserve Association.    http://www.jelly.org/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

If you'd like to help promote this non-commercial publication, please
forward this ezine to anyone you know who might appreciate it.
To spare them the forwarding carets (>>>>these things) I suggest
you copy/paste the ezine to a new email window, or save the
ezine as a text file to be inserted, or copy/pasted to a new email.

If you've received this publication as a forward and wish to subscribe
you may easily do so from online forms in these two locations:
http://www.don-guitar.com/subsmanager.html
//www.freelists.org/list/donspatch

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

The Leonardo Electronic Almanac (one pop-up).
http://mitpress2.mit.edu/e-journals/LEA/LEA2004/index.htm

Lifehacker has a sort of "pop" feel about it to me.  Visiting the site, I
felt a little like I was invading a space that rightfully belongs to my
children but there's a lot of good information there.
http://www.lifehacker.com/
Lifehacker is where I found this site in fact.   http://www.theopencd.org/
Open Office may well be the most exciting thing on the openCD.
http://www.openoffice.org/
But the Gimp is pretty darn cool too.   http://www.gimp.org/

A fairly nice photolog.   http://www.grownmencry.com/slice/index.html

This is a blog that quilters and crafters should enjoy.
http://loobylu.com/

Bob Staake's illustrations and tutorials.   http://www.bobstaake.com/

This forum is for people who are interested in adopting, or already living,
a low-fat lifestyle.   http://www.mardiweb.com/lowfat/

CSS tips and other goodies.   http://www.mandarindesign.com/

Jerry Baker's Master Gardener site is a commercial concern with
plenty of things for sale but there are also some archived articles
which are well worth reading.
http://www.jerrybaker.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=75

Answers to frequently asked questions about Microsoft Software
and Internet Security from the Microsoft.Public.*.Security Usenet
Newsgroups.    http://securityadmin.info/faq.asp

The only time I watch television anymore is when I'm stuck in a
waiting room.  When that happens, I always hope this guy is on.
http://www.montelshow.com/
http://www.montelms.org/

I don't know anything about the first of these little apps (though I
did grab a copy while I was there) but I really like the second one.
It's called "1by1" (you can read about it on the site).  I like the
simple, no-nonsense way it works but I did have to search out
a particular DLL (with google) before it would play mp3 files.
http://www.mpesch3.de/

Mysteries in stone.   http://snipurl.com/i2ot

The Nova Scotia Museum.    http://museum.gov.ns.ca/

National Park Service (U.S.),  Nature & Science.
http://www2.nature.nps.gov/

The National Kidney Foundation.   http://www.kidney.org/

Here's an awesome cooking resource.   http://www.ochef.com/

Background information, archived documents, and links on major
U.S. public policy issues.   http://www.policyalmanac.org/

An alternative energy blog.   http://alt-e.blogspot.com/

Ramen has become America's favorite general purpose snack.
It was the after-school snack of choice for my kids, and it's
very popular with college students as well.  Here are some
Ramen resources.
http://www.nissinfoods.com/recip.htm
http://mattfischer.com/ramen/
http://snipurl.com/i2qh
http://narutofever.com/information/ramen-recipe.php
http://www.pounddesigns.com/top7/top7ramen.htm
http://www.worldramen.net/

One of my favorite authors.   http://www.raybradbury.com/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

My feedback form: http://www.don-guitar.com/contactme.html

I welcome all comments, suggestions, or criticism.   The form
doesn't access your email client (it's a CGI form), so your
privacy is assured.

If you know of a website that would be a good candidate for this
ezine, please pass it on via our online feedback form (link above).

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Beer info and belch recordings (this issues tackysite *grin*).
http://www.realbeer.com/

The Rice Knowledge Bank.    http://www.knowledgebank.irri.org/

(costless apps) for rockhounds.
http://www.rockhounds.com/rockshop/freeware.shtml
http://www.rockhounds.com/rockshop/scrnsav.shtml

I don't know anything about Ruby (a programming language) but
this book deserves to be read.  http://www.poignantguide.net/ruby/

The Association for Dressings and Sauces is an international trade
association of salad dressing, mayonnaise, mustard and other
condiment sauce manufacturers and their suppliers.
http://www.dressings-sauces.org/index.html

Children's science projects, simple science experiments and kids
science questions answered.   http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/

A dictionary of the Scots language.    http://www.dsl.ac.uk/

The online portfolio of illustrator, animator and character designer
Felix Lavalee.   http://www.runningwithpencils.com/portfolio/

An interesting Anime/Manga art resource (about which I know less
than very little).    http://www.seventhsanctum.com/index-art.php

Lisa was surprised that I knew nothing about Shaker furniture.  I'm
not suggesting that you buy any of these but I thought that, like me,
you'd get a kick out of seeing the prices.  Honestly, as a young
newlywed back in 19(mumble) I bought stuff like this at Goodwill
for next to nothing.   http://bereacc.site.yahoo.net/shakcolnew.html

Simpsons guides, news, and information.    http://www.snpp.com/

The Lil Old Sinclair Computer Technical Information Repository.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/eightbitula/

A veritable cornucopia of interesting reading matter from the
Smithsonian.    http://www.sil.si.edu/SILPublications/

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Archives for this ezine are available online here:
//www.freelists.org/archives/donspatch/

The current issue is also available on my website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/currentissue.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Square Foot Gardening.    http://www.squarefootgardening.com/

I love this program on the radio.  Ever heard it?   http://stardate.org/

A mystery object that remains unidentified a little over three years
later.    http://www.robotics.com/orb/

HTML tables are unpopular with avid CSS advocates which explains the
existence of this site (for my part, I feel tables still have their place).
http://www.hotdesign.com/seybold/

Teenagers and books.    http://www.teenreads.com/index.asp

Lisa and I have a possible new job coming up but we had to get a license.
http://www.license.state.tx.us/electricians/eleclaw.htm

High tech geek toys.   http://www.neurotechnology.neu.edu/

A site for novice vegetarians.   http://www.veganoutreach.org/

Information pertaining to historical horticulture.
http://www.saveseeds.org/index.html
Washington Atlee Burpee was born on April 5, 1858 at Sheffield,
New Brunswick.    http://www.saveseeds.org/biography/burpee_wa.html

Art and the artists who painted in the White Mountains of New Hampshire
during the 19th century.   http://whitemountainart.com/index.html

We've all heard about one or another oddity that's appeared on eBay.  Here's
a website devoted to them.    http://www.whowouldbuythat.com/

A Marx brothers tribute site.   http://www.whyaduck.com/index.htm

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Websites Everyone Should Know About.

These aren't sponsors, they're the best of Internet
publications and I highly recommend them all.

http://askTCL.com
http://www.langa.com
http://www.tourbus.com
http://www.lockergnome.com
http://www.neatnettricks.com
http://www.scotsnewsletter.com
http://www.tricksandtrinkets.com
http://marylaine.com/neatnew.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Feline art?   http://www.monpa.com/wcp/

The science behind the news.    http://whyfiles.org/

Why is the ocean salty?
http://www.palomar.edu/oceanography/salty_ocean.htm

Why nerds are unpopular.   http://www.paulgraham.com/nerds.html

As nearly as I can tell, this is a repository of ideas.
http://www.whynot.net/

Smalltalk is a programming language.
http://www.stic.org/
http://www.whysmalltalk.com/

There are commercial gimmicks which take on their own immortality.
http://www.whymilk.com/index.htm

Thirteen months ago I quit smoking for the best imaginable reason;
Lisa.   I wish everyone had as good a reason.   http://whyquit.com/

A few games for kids from the World Almanac site.
http://www.worldalmanacforkids.com/fun-games/gamecenter.html

Fighting hunger and poverty.    http://www.worldhungeryear.org/

The Writer's Almanac from American Public Media.
http://writersalmanac.publicradio.org/

============== Humor =============

Musician's Humor, Part II

Q: What do you call a guitar player without a girlfriend?
A: Homeless.

Q: What's the similarity between a drummer and a philosopher?
A: They both perceive time as an abstract concept.

Q: What is the difference between a drummer and a vacuum cleaner?
A: You have to plug one of them in before it sucks.

Q: Why do some people have an instant aversion to banjo players?
A: It saves time in the long run.

Q: What's the difference between a folk guitar player and a large pizza?
A: A large pizza can feed a family of four.

============== Tips ===============

http://www.5starsupport.com/
http://www.computertips.com/Default.htm
http://www.cyberwalker.net/index.html
http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files001.shtml
http://jtech.net/techie/home_net/toc.html
http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/home/0,289692,sid1,00.html
http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/
http://www.jsifaq.com/reghack.htm
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/
http://www.wizri.com/

Recently a friend of ours acquired a used desktop PC with Win2k on
it but she didn't have the password.  This little gem of a utility came in
extremely handy.   http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

======== Reader Contributions =========

The Opera browser is now (costless) and comes highly recommended
by reader George Gayman (I'll try it).   http://www.opera.com/free/

Reader John Lepse sent several sites for this issue.
Alltheweb is powered by Yahoo (and Opera compliant).
http://www.alltheweb.com/
Bob Dylan on American Masters.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/dylan/
Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be bloggers.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6409077/
Here's a blog John's been enjoying.
http://masthead.blogspot.com/
This is the National Park Service's site for kids of all ages.
http://nps.gov/webrangers/

Reader Patrick Barden got a kick out of this project which aims to
preserve things which some parents were probably hoping never to
hear again.    http://www.kiddierecords.com/
Here's an odd little shopping site that features one, and only one,
product each day (different each day) for a phenomenal price.
http://www.woot.com/

George, John, Patrick;  Thanks guys.

=================================

I didn't get the "babble" page updated but that's ok I guess.  It's
not supposed to be a blog after all.  We seem to be busy all the
time but we can't prove it by our bank balance.  *grin*    I was
self employed for twelve years (in communications electronics)
and the think I liked best about it was not having to pay taxes.
The think I like least about it was never having any money in
my pocket.  I loved my work only made a profit one year out
of twelve.  I used to say I was "self-employed, badly".   I think
there's some arcane secret to being self-employed that I just
never learned but that's ok, I love it and the house payment
was made this month so, as usual, life is good.  See you
next time.

Don Crowder - Saturday, October 1, 2005

12:30 AM CST - Tow, TX, USA

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

Privacy:  I will never share, sell, or
otherwise compromise your email address.

Privacy Policy on my website.
http://www.don-guitar.com/privacy.html

Freelists.org Privacy Policy.
//www.freelists.org/privacy.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

The most important people on the Internet, for you and I as computer
users, are software developers.  The world's coolest computer, without
software, is like a car without fuel.  It might look great, but what
can it do?  It doesn't matter who produces the software you love and
use regularly, the developers of that software need your support.

A bit of advice from Internet veteran Bayard J. Fox:

New computer users are often in awe of the things you can get without
cost on the Internet.  There can be hidden costs for the unwary. Use a
"throw away" email address to register, and be constantly on guard
against giving away personal information.  Use a firewall, and provide
only the barest minimum of information on questionnaires.

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª

This is a reader-supported publication.   You can show your support by
making a contribution in any amount you choose:
http://www.don-guitar.com/donations.html

ªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªªª