[dokuwiki] Re: ssl for acl'ed pages

  • From: Adrian Lang <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:26:26 +0100

On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 02:08:53 -0500
Mike Frysinger <vapier@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > there were many parties supporting HTTPS everywhere in the last
> > year,
>
> support != force.  while open source groups can take a hard line in
> pushing things, realistically that isnt acceptable in corporate
> environments where backwards support is paramount.  so no, forcing
> site wide https isnt going to fly today, and i'd be surprised if our
> group was the only one.  especially considering getting real SSL
> certs that arent self signed isnt trivial for open source groups.

What are you writing about, actually?

there is none talking about forcing HTTPS everywhere in DokuWiki or
for DokuWiki development. Refer to GitHub for a big HTTPS only site,
though.

What I wanted to express is that the current direction is not »HTTPS
for some crucial stuff« how it used to be, but »HTTPS everywhere«. Even
if the latter is not yet feasible for everyone, we should not introduce
core code supporting legacy concepts.

Regards,
Adrian