[dokuwiki] Re: ssl for acl'ed pages

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 22:33:30 +0100

> This patch does a https redirect on those pages which are ACL controlled.

We rejected earlier patches that did SSL redirects for the logins for
the following reasons:

- it can easily be done using server rewrites
- the SSL host might not have the same domain, so you'd need to have
another config to configure the SSl host name
- limiting SSL to certain parts of the site usually leads to have
unsecured parts in the page (like images) that compromise the whole
security

> Other pages are left alone, as to have lower load on the server.

For modern server and client hardware the SSL overhead isn't really an
issue anymore (there was a popular article about that recently - maybe
someone has the URL bookmarked?)

I recommend to switch your whole site to SSL instead.

splitbrain.org