[dokuwiki] Re: some more things that need a look

  • From: Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 19:14:35 +0100

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:52:48 +0100
Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What about the language strings for the plugins delivered with
> DokuWiki? Currently strings for the ACL manager are defined in the
> global lang folder, the ones for the other management plugins come with
> their own lang folders... I guess the cleaner aproach would be to fix
> the ACL plugin? Or should everything coming with DokuWiki be handled in
> a central place?

I vote for moving the ACL manager language strings too.

> I just added a handy JavaScript behaviour to automatically scroll to an
> element when it has the id scroll__here. I added it to the user manager
> to let it scroll the user edit form into view. This could also be used
> to scroll down to the preview in the edit view after pressing the
> preview button. Question is should I add this? I would vote for yes, but
> sometimes you just press preview for renewing the lock and then you
> maybe don't want this behaviour...

That would really be nice. :-) I missed something like that already.

I won't add a extra button for refresh_lock as Chris suggested. Your
idea doing this with ajax sounds nice.

What I missed last time is a editor button for 'save' without leaving
the editor. Sometimes we used dokuwiki as online report writing tool
during a meeting and nobody is used to have a (maybe long) text only in
memory for hours. Saving and re-enter the editor is sometimes a little
inconvinient.

 Best Regards
    Matthias