[dokuwiki] Re: site mirroring

  • From: "Mark McCoy" <realmcking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:14:56 -0600

On 3/13/06, Bill Jones <tetragondzein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> OK, I don't think this is in the FAQ.
>
> I use FC5 Test 2 at home (on a PowerPC iMac) -- I would like to
> maintain/create the dokuwiki content for my site at home then open the
> resulting tarball on my public server.
>
> Is the data directory the only section I need to *publish* ?
>
> I tried a few things but it seems broken -- I did not see anything
> about this in the FAQ (yet anyways.)
>

> Anyone got any ideas about what I should do?
> --
> WC (Bill) Jones -- http://youve-reached-the.endoftheinternet.org/
> --

We do this exact same thing with our student information pages, we
have a "staging" dokuwiki that only we can get to/edit, and we use
rsync to copy the data/pages and data/media over to the "published"
dokuwiki.  We don't copy the cache, because we have slightly different
templates (the published version has no links for logging in or
editing), and we don't copy the index or changes, because there is no
search or history functionality on the information pages.

--
Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put
into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am
not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that
could provoke such a question. "  -- Charles Babbage