[dokuwiki] Re: multilanguage wiki using dokuwiki?

  • From: Christopher Arndt <chris.arndt@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:53:44 +0000

seml@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Thursday 17 Nov 2005 12:22, Christopher Arndt wrote:
>
>>Again, plese clearify: do you mean the page content, i.e.
>>the wiki pages, or the user interface (button labels,
>>messages, heading, etc.), or both?
>

> Well both (I have some serious problems in understanding the
> use of an interface in say, Croatian, with the text in,
> say, Lithuanian).

No, dokuwiki has no concept of "content language". The language of the
content just happens to be in whatever language the users write it.
DokuWiki has no knowledge about this. I am not aware of any Wiki system
that has this feature.

You could probably put together a hack where you have the pages for each
language in a separate namespace, but the editor has no support for
editing multi-language content.

Chris