[dokuwiki] javascript svchk()

  • From: "Todd Augsburger" <todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:23:29 -0500

I see svchk() is referenced in many plugins, but don't see it in the
javascript code. When testin/using plugins, I get a javascript error on, for
instance:
    onclick="return svchk()"

This error will of course only be visible where script error reporting is
turned on in the browser--I caught it at work, but never noticed at home.
(Since it's usually called when a link is clicked, it's only there for a
moment.)

There are _several_ plugins which call svchk(). See:
   http://wiki.splitbrain.org/?do=search&id=svchk

There's a description at
http://www.koders.com/javascript/fid7E55652C42D17DD3BA16BD8A750D30EB6E96EF7F.aspx

It appears (to me) that this functionality has been superceded by the
automatically applied changeCheck() in the current edit.js, and is therefore
obsolete. Actually, I'd consider it a bug.

If you all agree with this analysis, how do we report this to the _many_
plugin authors?

Todd Augsburger
todd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roller Organs