[dokuwiki] installer.php: reason for very strict username-filtering for the superuseraccount?

  • From: Andreas Haerter <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 19:57:25 +0200

Hi folks,

if I'm installing a new DokuWiki with enabled ACL (normal upload,
calling example.com/installer.php), I can't use a username like
  lastname.firstname
for the superuseraccount directly from scratch.

The installer.php rejects it as invalid value (the dot is not allowed,
see line 236):
> if(!preg_match('/^[a-z1-9_]+$/',$d['superuser'])){

Creating the superuser
  lastnamefirstname
and rename it via DokuWiki usermanager to
  lastname.firstname
after the installation is finished seems to be no problem. The DokuWiki
usermanager is less stict than the installer.

Bug or feature? I think it is at least inconsistent behaviour, cause the
DokuWiki usermanager accepts lastname.firstname. Is there any reason for
blocking dots within the username of the superuseraccount? Am I running
into trouble using them (I can't imagine, but better safe than sorry)?

--
Thanks,
Andreas Haerter