[dokuwiki] Re: installer.php: reason for very strict username-filtering for the superuseraccount?

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 15:28:10 +0200

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Andreas
Haerter<dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there any reason for blocking dots within the username of the
> superuseraccount?

The reason is simple: the install script was meant to be self
contained, eg do not use any of the DokuWiki libraries, because our
fancy path detection isn't there...

This means we have no access to the cleanID() function that is usually
used for the username cleanup. So we use a *very* simplistic approach
to make sure you use a valid pagename as admin user.

splitbrain.org