[dokuwiki] Re: inc/DifferenceEngine.php

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 16:24:28 +0100

full quote because this mail went to the wrong address in the first place...

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Robin Getz <rgetz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat 20 Nov 2010 06:00, Andreas Gohr pondered:
>> Hi Robin,
>
> Sorry for the delay - I was out of the office for awhile.

>> I just applied your changes to inc/DifferenceEngine.php but not the
>> interface changes. I'm not too keen to add this via JavaScript...
>
> Just to understand better - why not Javascript for this?

I like to have core functionality work without JavaScript.

> But it doesn't really matter - that was just one solution...
>
>> I think we should rather add a drop down to the difference view where
>> people can easily switch the wanted type of output (we could even add
>> unified diff to the options).
>
> Sure - I was just going from what someone had shown me a in different CMS...
>
> Plus I wasn't sure how to code the drop down to toggle the view without a
> little javascript...

Have a submit button and use JavaScript to remove it and make the form
autosubmit...

>> Maybe we should also store their last
>> choice in the session or a cookie?
>
> That is what the Javascript did, so yeah, I think it needs to be there.

Ah. didn't notice.

>> What do others think?
>
> Did you mean for this to go to the list?

Yes, it was. Again, this is why mailinglist replies should always be
sent to the list only and not CCed to the original sender.

splitbrain.org