[dokuwiki] Re: dokuwiki.login missing from XMLRPC?

  • From: Payton Swick <payton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:47:03 -0400

That makes a lot more sense!  Thank you.

Ok, with the latest version, I'm able to run the dokuwiki.login method
(and get a success), but the login does not appear to persist long
enough for me to read an ACL-controlled page (I'm writing my client in
python).  I'm new to XMLRPC, but I think this is because the protocol
is stateless.  I see that dokuwiki.login says it sets a cookie, so I
used a cookie transport client (which claims to work:
http://fotinakis.com/blog/blog/2008/cookies-xmlrpc-and-ssl/) but the
result is the same.  Anyone have any suggestions?

All I'm doing is the following:

    s = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy(url, transport=CookieAuthXMLRPCSafeTransport())
    if s.dokuwiki.login(user, password):
        print s.wiki.getPage('start')

I get this xmlrpc.Fault exception: You are not allowed to read this page

-Payton