[dokuwiki] dokuwiki.login missing from XMLRPC?

  • From: Payton Swick <payton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:57:39 -0400

Hi all,

I know that the XML-RPC stuff is experimental, but I notice that the
'dokuwiki.login' method does not appear to be implemented in the
release I am using (2009-02-14) despite being supposedly implemented
in 2008-03-06.  This is important to me because I would like to use
the RPC methods to view and add pages to ACL-controlled namespaces.

I did notice that the example programs encode the login information
into the XMLRPC URL.  I have tried this and it certainly works, but
then your password is logged in clear text in the server's access logs
(as well as possibly being sniffed along the way, although of course
HTTPS makes this safer).

I was considering implementing the missing method via a plugin, but I
thought I should ask on the list first to see if anyone knows the
story behind this method.

Peace and veggies,
-Payton