[dokuwiki] Re: basic.class.php question

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 00:07:51 +0000

Matthias Grimm wrote:

Hi Chris,

are the functions joinGroup() and leaveGroup() used anywhere?
What are they for? I haven't found any usage in the DokuWiki
code and currently a user could be added to or removed from
a group by modifyUser().

Those functions are the last I haven't implemented yet. Do I
really need them?

Best Regards
Matthias
I comment modifyUser that it is a kludgy way of handling group memberships, especially in an structure where groups can exist separately from users. But you are right, they aren't necessary. auth plain doesn't implement them separately but as specific wrappers for modifyUser - as it doesn't have a separate groups file.

If your sql implementation had a separate group and group membership tables, then group membership modification is a much simpler process that user modification - there should be no need to modify the user table only the group membership table.

Cheers,

Chris