[dokuwiki] Re: Using a DokuWiki as a commercial application online Help system

  • From: Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 23:02:32 +0100

Am 12.02.2009 um 22:26 schrieb holmberg_jason@xxxxxxx:

Thanks for your responses. This is very enlightening.

Is there a reason not to use DW itself for this documentation?

Yes and No: Yes, because the Documentation already existed before I was asked to re-design the companies website (relaunch was just about one month ago) No, because it's basically easy to migrate all html pages into DW (but we do need the plain pages for offline documentation too)

It's still a subject to be solved, and I did not yet come up with a propper soution.

The only thing I was able to easily solve: all pages, even API and the JavaHelp pages were imported into the search index - so they are searchable (even though there is no highlighting for them (yet))

Gerry..