[dokuwiki] Using Gmane (Was: Do not CC your mailinglist posts!)

  • From: Christopher Arndt <chris.arndt@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 13:31:44 +0100

Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 12:21:54AM +0200, Andreas Gohr wrote:
>>Do NOT CC your posts to people already subscribed to the list!
>>Hit "Reply" not "Reply to All".
> Perhaps you should adjust your filters?  My filters match anything to the
> list, whether it explicitly includes me or not.

On a related note:

There was some discussion last year about using this list through Gmane.

Some people might prefer to follow the list without getting the messages
in their Inbox. You can set up an account for the Gmane news server in
your mail client and subscribe to the dokuwiki group and it will behave
almost like a normal email folder.

To be able to post:

- subscribe to the mailing list
- turn on "vacation" mode:

  //www.freelists.org/wiki/faq/vacation_mode

One CAVEAT: when you reply to a message when reading the gmane group in
your mail client, you have to change the recipient line from
"newsgroup:gmane..." to "to:dokuwiki..."

Chris