[dokuwiki] Re: Using Dokuwiki with Cygwin/Apache/PHP

  • From: "Lothar Speil" <speil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:49:03 +0100

Hi everyone!

My DW installation on a (very) old Windows 2000 Server with IIS5 and PHP5
works great, without problems and no need of using semicolons. (iP II 400
MHz, 640 MB RAM, NTFS on SCSI RAID and a hand full of users.)

> > Well, now I'm ready to install Dokuwiki onto a new PC and
> put it into
> > production.  We're required to use Windows, but I was
> thinking about
> > using Cygwin to install Apache and PHP in the hopes that this would
> > get around the semicolon issue.  Also, perhaps it would
> create a more
> > "native" environment for both Apache and PHP (and Dokuwiki?).
>
> Cygwin will probably be more complex to set up and I'm not
> sure it solves the semicolon problem. AFAIK the problem with
> the colon is caused by the file system (FAT or NTFS).

I agree with Andi for the first thing, for the latter I have no probs with
NTFS.
If you are required to use Windows, why don't stick with it? For an internal
use I think nothing is wrong with an IIS! Surly if you need more then one
virtual server it is not the best option, you would need Windows 2000/2003
Server.

Just my two cents,
Lothar