[dokuwiki] Re: Speed

  • From: Ian Laurenson <hillview@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 20:40:53 +1200

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 19:12, Andreas Gohr wrote:
> > I have set-up a DokuWiki site for writing macros in OpenOffice.org.
> > The host of the site has just disabled the site as when Google's spider
> > searches the site it effectively creates a denial of service.
>
> Thats bad. I assume you running the latest stable version? You should
> consider trying the devel version - its two stage caching (see wiki:caching)
> should reduce the server load because pages haven't to parsed so often.

Running dokuwiki-2005-02-18.tgz.

In //www.freelists.org/archives/dokuwiki/05-2005/msg00000.html you
mention that a new release is coming soon. Would you recommend waiting
or should I go ahead now?

I discovered that I had removed read writes from robots.txt for others
so that Google was trying to index the whole site. I have now set
robots.txt so that no web spiders should index any of the site. Someone
had "cracked" the site and so I was tying down rights and overlooked
changing robots.txt flags back.

The hosts have changed the server that the DokuWiki is on, and it is
being directed to the new server by a proxy. The new server is using a
more recent release of php and certainly appears to be faster. Although
I need them to relax the time out setting from 30 seconds.

The other problem that I am having is that when a page is saved the
browser displays "openoffice.kc could not be found. Please check the
name and try again.".  openoffice.kc is the internal name for the
server. I think the problem is in line 76 of doku.php:

header("Location: ".wl($ID, '','doku.php',true));

But I don't know enough php to easily overcome this problem, or if the
problem is with the way the proxy has been setup.

> You should also consider disabling the 'purgeonadd' option.

Will do.

> Andi
>
> BTW: please don't CC: me - I'm subscribed to the list, too ;-)

Sorry - this was really stupid of me!

Thanks, Ian