[dokuwiki] Re: Speed

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 09:12:34 +0200

Hi!

I have set-up a DokuWiki site for writing macros in OpenOffice.org.
The host of the site has just disabled the site as when Google's spider
searches the site it effectively creates a denial of service.

Thats bad. I assume you running the latest stable version? You should consider trying the devel version - its two stage caching (see wiki:caching) should reduce the server load because pages haven't to parsed so often.

You should also consider disabling the 'purgeonadd' option.
Andi

BTW: please don't CC: me - I'm subscribed to the list, too ;-)