[dokuwiki] Security without .htaccess

  • From: Jan Decaluwe <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 18:25:36 +0200

Hi:

I can't use .htaccess files for security (I run DokuWiki
on yahoo.)

The easiest workaround is to put blank index.html files
in directories whose content should be "hidden".

I notice that DokuWiki out-of-the-box has .htaccess files
in various directories. To match this, I would have to
put index.html files in each of those directories, but
also in all generated subdirectories for namespaces.
Given the openness of the source code, and wiki content,
this seems like overkill.

I think it's sufficient to protect user data by putting
a blank index.html file in the 'conf' directory.
Correct?

Jan

--
Jan Decaluwe - Resources bvba - http://jandecaluwe.com
Losbergenlaan 16, B-3010 Leuven, Belgium