[dokuwiki] Re: SV: Re: Disabling namespaces in DokuWiki?

  • From: Frank Thommen <fthommen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 11:10:37 +0100

That said, I do believe namespaces *could* be useful in some very specific, narrow and hierarchical contexts...

One obvious example is when you want to apply security settings on
sections of the wiki. [...]

An other context (not really narrow in my opinion ;-) is when using Wikis for (technical) documentation. Documentation requires structure and structure requires - in my eyes - hierarchy. You can achieve that with strict naming conventions (e.g. SoftwareLinuxPackage1, software_linux_package1) or - much easier and nicer - with namespaces (software:linux:package1).

Cheers

   frank