[dokuwiki] SV: Re: AUTH:AD very slow

  • From: "Lindgren Daniel" <daniel.lindgren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 12:49:47 +0100

> > I'm testing on CentOS 5.5 with PHP 5.1.6 and Apache 2.2.3.
> SSO works,
> > but pages load much slower than with kerbsso.
>
> Do you think it's caused by mod_auth_kerb or the Kerberos client?
>
> I also felt the slowly SSO login process in our companies
> wiki. Without SSO everything is fine. The SSO process hangs
> for a short period somewhere.

I've done some additional testing, the front page in my test wiki is very
simple:

---

====== Test av DokuWiki version 2010-11-07a på Linux ======

Test.

**Endast för testverksamhet. Spara inget viktigt! **

{{NEWPAGE}}

---

The above page takes ~12 seconds to load if AUTH is set to AD, with or without
SSO. Every time.

If I remove the NEWPAGE wiki code (or deactivate the plugin), the page loads in
~1 second.

If I leave NEWPAGE on the front page (and the plugin active) and use kerbsso as
auth backend, the page loads in ~1 second.

The NEWPAGE plugin shows a list of namespaces where you have the rights to
create new pages, so I guess that it has to retrieve all your groups for that.

Since kerbsso (when used in the same wiki) doesn't have any performance issues
it can't be a problem with the Active Directory server, mod_auth_kerb or the
Kerberos client. It has to be in AUTH:AD, probably when group memberships are
retrieved.

Cheers,
Daniel