[dokuwiki] Re: Reviving the spell check plugin

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:00:46 +0100

> how much work would it be to revive the spellcheck plugin as a dokuwiki
> feature that highlights misspelled word on the actual web page,

That's somewhat complicated because you need to skip all those HTML
tags. You could go through the DOM and feed each word separately to a
spellchecker but that would be dead slow. Maybe you could use the same
mechanism I used to skip wiki syntax - just replace all tags with
whitespaces... no idea.

Entirely depends on your coding skills. Should be possible somehow. Good luck.

splitbrain.org