[dokuwiki] Reorganizing the DokuWiki project

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 20:51:53 +0200

Hi *,

after my recent rant I got quite a lot feedback from people agreeing
with me and asking how to they could help. Thanks everyone who wrote.
Your feedback makes me confident we can solve this and make DokuWiki
even better as an Open Source project.

As I said, I have a few ideas and want to talk about them with you at
the Zürich Hackfest. But since not everybody will be there and people
already asked, I went ahead and prepared a bit already...

The basic idea is to create different teams with clearly defined areas
of work and responsibilities. This means when you join a team, you
should have a pretty clear idea of what is expected from you but also
how many time you will need to invest.

The TikiWiki project is succesfully using a similar approach for some
time now, so I hope we can copy their success in that area.

I put up a page at http://www.dokuwiki.org/teams with some more
details on the teams I have in mind and looking forward to talk with
you about all this in Zurich and here on the list. And if you want to
extend the page please feel free to do so. I'd also be happy to hear
about volunteers who already can identify with a certain team and want
to help setting it up.

splitbrain.org