[dokuwiki] Re: Reorganizing the DokuWiki project

  • From: Dennis Plöger <develop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:51:09 +0200

Hi!

> I think it makes sense to have the breakdown - where people know exactly the
> role required at "this" time. However there should be no reason for people
> not to be on several teams at any one time. IMHO it would be benificial for
> people to be on several teams.

That's exactly, what I was thinking. Sure, that's a mouthful, but it really
helps planning and developing a lot. Managing that bunch of groups will be IMHO
the task of another group. (, that's already on the list, if I recall that
right...)

I had another idea yesterday: I think, we need some kind of inner circle,
consisting of no more than three people (, with Andi definitely being one of
them), that have the ultimate decision right and should overlook the whole
development and plan Dokuwiki's future steps. That people would be the
last-in-chain to decide about new functionalities, major changes of existing
ones and would also be the last hope for members and non-members alike in case
of blocked discussions.

Comments?

Kind regards
Dennis--