[dokuwiki] Re: RSS Feeds

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:27:48 +0200

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 16:14:38 -0700 (PDT)
Chad Carlson <ogi_gamedev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've attached an image of what I meant.  It shows the
> RSS as displayed by Firefox, as a live bookmark.
> There are no dates for any file after the initial
> creation.  It states when a file was created by
> affixing " - created" at the right, but once the first
> update has been made there is no notification of when.

The date is in the feed. Firefox's live bookmarks make just a very poor
feedreader. The 'created' string is just the summary entered on saving the
page. I recommend using a real feedreader (also called aggregator). I guess
even Mozilla Thunderbird does a better job as feedreader though I never tried
it. I guess other people here can recommend a good reader (I'm using a webbased
one called lilina)