[dokuwiki] Re: Purple Numbers

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:39:10 +0200

> How to add a feature is a balance between the inconvenience to users who
> want to use it, and the effort required to maintain it. (I still vote
> for a plugin.)

Hmm yes maybe we should move it to a plugin.

> Can't say that I like the HIDs being generated. "HID2.13.2:7" is just
> gibberish to me. I enjoy that DokuWiki favors human readability. So
> perhaps the identifiers could use the section titles. If I see a link to
> "linux:driver#usb.configuration.2:3" then I can tell immediately what is
> being referred to.

Purple numbers are not meant to be human readable. They are designed
to be as stable as possible even when the content changes slightly.
What I don't like is that they are still too long. I talked with Anika
about an alternative way for numbering, but she wasn't sure how to
implement it best. I'll see what I can do about it.

splitbrain.org