[dokuwiki] Re: Problem with the sidebar template

  • From: Christopher Smith <cdsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 18:34:40 +0100

Hi David,

For the errors you received when you created a local.php. The advice given by Gina is the sensible course. You shouldn't really make changes to dokuwiki.php as it will be overwritten when you upgrade dokuwiki. From the sound of it, that won't correct the problem, you'll be back to getting a blank page again.

If you have a recent version of Dokuwiki, the default template should be displayed if it can't find the specified template. To me that implies dokuwiki is finding the template ok, but IIS is having a problem with it some way.

One candidate is the lib/tpl/sidebar/tplfn_sidebar.php. File. Try opening that file in a text editor and seeing if it looks ok. You can compare the first few lines of the file with the source show at http://wiki.jalakai.co.uk/dokuwiki/doku.php/tutorials/source#sidebartplfn_sidebar.php. If it looks ok try opening lib/tpl/sidebar/main.php. If it too looks ok, look down about 15 lines. You'll see a line which starts with an "@". Remove that "@" and save the file. That should at least allow IIS/PHP to report any errors it is finding. Try accessing dokuwiki again and see what happens.

If the screen is blank, use Edit/View Source in the browser to check to make sure there is nothing sent at all. If you still have errors get back in touch.

Cheers,

Chris

David Louie wrote:
Hello,
Just starting out with Dokuwiki and have the basic wiki running and
working under IIS. I'm trying to get the sidebar template to work but
not having much like. I am following the procedures at this link http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tpl:templates for either the "sidebar
template" or the "better navigation template" and not having much
luck.

I am attempting to install the sidebar template. I have copied and
extracted the template files to lib/tpl and edited my dokuwiki.php
file, I've edited the line $conf['template'] = 'default';  changing it
to the line $conf['template'] = 'sidebar';

Now when I load the page, instead of my wiki it comes up with a
completely blank page instead of showing my wiki. Next I changed that
line back to default and tried a different approach.

I note in the documentation that it also references a conf/local.php
file to edit. I . I created the local.php file under the conf
directory and added the $conf['template'] = 'sidebar' line to it. Now
my wiki page loads - but without the images that I normally have. I do
not get a sidebar and I get the following errors at the top of the
page.

$conf['template'] = 'sidebar'; //see tpl directory
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at E:\dokuwiki\conf\local.php:1) in
E:\dokuwiki\inc\actions.php on line 76

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks