[dokuwiki] Re: Problem with the sidebar template

  • From: Thierry Legras <Thierry.Legras@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 17:26:48 +0200

Hi,

The sidebar works very nicely for me. i am using dokuwiki-2005-07-13 and sidebar template i got in august, all that running on apache (easyphp bundle).
What you have done seems ok to me, you just need to add the line in local.php.
What version of dokuwiki are you using? you could quickly try with easyphp to see if this comes from IIS?

Thierry.

David Louie wrote:

Hello,
Just starting out with Dokuwiki and have the basic wiki running and
working under IIS. I'm trying to get the sidebar template to work but
not having much like. I am following the procedures at this link http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:tpl:templates for either the "sidebar
template" or the "better navigation template" and not having much
luck.

I am attempting to install the sidebar template. I have copied and
extracted the template files to lib/tpl and edited my dokuwiki.php
file, I've edited the line $conf['template'] = 'default';  changing it
to the line $conf['template'] = 'sidebar';

Now when I load the page, instead of my wiki it comes up with a
completely blank page instead of showing my wiki. Next I changed that
line back to default and tried a different approach.

I note in the documentation that it also references a conf/local.php
file to edit. I . I created the local.php file under the conf
directory and added the $conf['template'] = 'sidebar' line to it. Now
my wiki page loads - but without the images that I normally have. I do
not get a sidebar and I get the following errors at the top of the
page.

$conf['template'] = 'sidebar'; //see tpl directory
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by
(output started at E:\dokuwiki\conf\local.php:1) in
E:\dokuwiki\inc\actions.php on line 76

Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

begin:vcard
fn:Thierry LEGRAS
n:LEGRAS;Thierry
org:Alcatel CTO/RDE;Vertical Market Departement
adr:;;Route de Nozay;Marcoussis;;;FRANCE
email;internet:Thierry.Legras@xxxxxxxxxx
tel;work:(+33)(0)1 69 63 13 17
version:2.1
end:vcard